Artificial Life, provider of mobile technology and applications, has signed a content agreement with MXit Lifestyle to distribute its games on the MXit Platform. The agreement entails Artificial Life to sell their games through the MXit social networking and mobile chat platform in the Republic of South Africa and Africa. MXit users are able to purchase games with MXit’s virtual currency, Moola. “As we are expanding our target marketing in the BRICS region, we are happy to partner with the largest social network in Africa. This opportunity will introduce Artificial Life’s games to a broader audience at a much faster pace,” said Eberhard Schoneburg, CEO of Artificial Life, Inc.
MXit is a free online mobile instant messenger and social network. In South Africa, MXit is significantly bigger than Facebook and Twitter combined. The platform has over 40 million registered user accounts and is available in 250 countries, and attracts between 55 000 and 60 000 new registrations per day. Over 47% of MXit’s users are between the ages of 19 and 26. MXit V6 allows users to search for friends using their name, email or telephone number. It also allows users to find friends by uploading their telephone book contacts. In addition to one-to-one and group chat features, MXit’s suite of services and applications include:
- Email facilities that allow users to create and use email from their mobile phones
- Entertainment features such as interactive games, music and mobile phone application downloads, sport, news and weather updates and competitions and questionnaires;
- A classifieds section, MXit Xchange, which is used by over 18.5 million MXit users;
- MXit Cares, which offers users free real-time advice and counseling on anything from drug and substance abuse to HIV/Aids, debt counseling, career guidance and more
- On the educational front, MXit Cares has teamed up a number of professional educators to provide online tutorials, quizzes and information that help national learners navigate subjects such as Maths, Physical Science and Life Sciences.