“The staff at Z2Live feels very passionately about the mission of bringing clean, safe drinking water to communities around the world, and as a result has pledged to use our games to benefit charity:water, an outstanding organization that accomplishes this goal,” said David Bluhm, CEO of Z2Live. “We will use our games to work with our community to benefit this charity though donations, in game purchases and other promotions in the future. We are hoping that other game and entertainment companies will join the Play2Change movement and help us all make a positive impact on the world through gaming.” Key Facts:
- Play2Change is a movement where gamers and their gameplay can be harnessed to make significant and positive changes in the world.
- Z2Live is harnessing gameplay to affect social change with the introduction of in-game wishing wells that can be purchased in its hit mobile game, Trade Nations. All of Z2Live’s proceeds raised from Trade Nations’ wells go towards charity: water, an organization that brings clean water to communities in need around the world.
- Since quietly launching the wishing wells into the game a few weeks ago, Z2Live has already had more than 2000 wells purchased in game with its virtual currency of Magic Beans, and which will help build 2 real wells that provide fresh water to approximately 800 people.
- Z2Live’s games attract huge mobile communities. Z2Live wants to translate its social gaming success into social responsibility by paying it forward for the benefit of others. The company’s first two games – Trade Nations and MetalStorm:Online – lead their respective categories in terms of critical acclaim, user ratings, popularity and monetization. Using the freemium model, Z2Live offers compelling games with in-game purchases that enhance and extend gameplay.
- Trade Nations has built one of the largest game communities on mobile, having logged over 500 million game sessions since its launch.