Geared, a gears-based puzzle game that’s been downloaded more than 10 million times on iOS, launches on Android now. A simple yet addictive puzzle game with 150 mind-bending levels, Geared features a free-form environment unrestrained by the traditional snap-grid experience of similar puzzle titles. Geared offers complete freedom to the player, meaning every level can be solved in a myriad of different ways. And as part of the new Android version, Geared includes a host of social features thanks to the Scoreloop’s social mobile gaming platform. And best of all, Geared on Android is totally free to download and play.
Geared features a level selection menu, play time tracker, rank awards and original sound effects. From the application preferences, users can reset all levels as well as mute sound effects allowing them to play their own music during gameplay. Game progress is saved automatically, and returns the player to last level that was open. In addition, there are a host of new features that are possible thanks to the use of Scoreloop’s social gaming platform. These include:
- A live news feed delivering news and gameplay tips
- The ability to see your progress through the game vs your friends
- Ability to share your high scores via Facebook, Twitter and MySpace, as well as showing off your Geared skills via status updates such as “You’re now a Geared Master!”
- Find your friends and invite them to play via the address book, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter
- The addition of the Scoreloop Social Market, which allows players to see what other gamers are playing and to learn about other Scoreloop-enabled games they can download
Geared for Android ad-supported, meaning it is free to download and play and available worldwide through the Android Market in the Games category. Geared for Android is the first game to be ported from iOS to Android thanks to Scoreloop’s ‘Go Android’ initiative. ‘Go Android’ offers eligible developers the ability to reach a new audience without the time and resourcing hassle that comes along with porting. The resulting Android versions will benefit from Scoreloop’s position as the largest social mobile gaming platform for Android devices, and gamers will benefit from having more cross-platform games to enjoy and share the gaming experience with friends.