Online gambling platform 888 announces that it has entered, through a wholly owned subsidiary, into an agreement to acquire the assets comprising the Mytopia social games development studio from Real Dice Inc. for $18 million.
The assets acquired comprise:
- a games development studio, specialising in developing cross-platform social games for smartphones, mobile handsets and social networking platforms including Facebook
- numerous games, including “Bingo Island 2” (one of the top Bingo applications on Facebook) and a social poker application using the “Pacific Poker” brand
- a real-time multiplayer mobile Poker application available for iPhone, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Mobile and J2ME handsets which has been installed by more than 1,000,000 users globally
- a technology platform for hosting and operating real-time social games on social networks and mobile
- a software licence for Particle Code™, a cross-platform application development framework for mobile devices and tablets
The assets acquired will form the cornerstone of 888’s social gaming and mobile strategy, offering a seamless experience across different platforms. Social network and smartphone gaming applications will also be offered to Dragonfish B2B partners, allowing them to take advantage of this fast-growing area.
Gigi Levy, CEO of 888 Holdings, said: “This is a very exciting deal for 888, and builds on our aim of providing a variety of entertainment destinations where people can enjoy a truly interactive experience on a multitude of platforms. Mytopia is one of the leading publishers of cross-platform social-games and this acquisition gives us an immediate footprint in the fast-growing social gaming arena, complementing our core offering and giving us access to millions of customers.